Tuesday, 15 January 2019

How Much is Your Salary Until You are Willing to Leave Your Prayer

 The first charity in the reckoning of a servant on the Day of Judgment is prayer and whoever is good (received) prayer, then good (received) also all other practices, and whoever is damaged (rejected) prayer, then damaged (rejected) also all other practices. (HR. Thabarani)

Prayer is a service that cannot be replaced with anything. However the situation is a person is still obliged to pray. Even if he can't do anything, while he is still breathing he is still obliged to pray.

Abdullah bin syaqiq r.a said: "None of the practices that left him were considered kufr by the companions other than prayer." (Narrated by Ibn Abi Syaibah, see Shahih at-Tharghib, 564)

Don't be too busy with your business so you forget what you were created for. Don't be complacent with world affairs so you forget the creator. Looking for rizki (work) is an obligation, but worship to God is far more important. Because humans are created to worship God. Allah says:
وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنْسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ
"And I did not create jinn and men but that they serve Me."(Q.S. Ad-Dzariyat: 56)

When God removes blessings from your work, then you will not get free time to worship Him.

From Abu Hurairah r.a., from the Prophet. he said: "Verily Allah the Exalted says:" O people take your time to worship Me, surely I will fill your chest with wealth (feeling sufficient and satisfied) and I will close your wickedness. If you do not do this, surely I will fulfill your hands (your days) with busyness (jobs) and I will not close your wickedness. "
Hadith Narrated by At-Tirmizi IV / 642 no.24, Ibn Majah II / 1376, Ahmad II / 358 no.861, and Hibban II / 19 no.393.

Hopefully we can always be istiqomah in worshiping and doing good.





No comments:

Post a Comment